Our commitment to privacy
West Country Doors London Ltd take our responsibility to protect information provided to us seriously. This statement explains how we do that. It sets out what we do with the personal information we hold, how we protect it, and it explains your privacy rights (if applicable).
The personal Information we collect
When we collect personal information we are open about how we use it.
How we collect information:
- Through telephone or emails for example names addresses, telephone numbers, email details
- From employees, sub-contractors or business contacts
- That you provide us with in connections with the services we provide
- That we us, where necessary, to validate your identity, such as passport or proof of residency
Our legal basis for processing your information
We rely upon a number of legal bases for processing personal information and special category personal information – these include processing personal information where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, where this is necessary for the fulfilment of a contract or where processing is necessary to carry out our obligations under employment law. Where we rely on our legitimate interests, this means that we use personal information to run our business and to provide the services we have been asked to provide. We only collect information that has been supplied voluntarily, you do not have to provide us with personal information. However, if you do not provide us with information we need by law or required to do work, we may not be able to offer certain products and services.
How we use your information
We use your personal information in compliance with all the relevant laws and may use it in one or more of the following ways:
- We may use the contact information you supply and to respond to your requests.
- We may use identification verification documents to meet with regulatory and legal requirements to verify who you are as a condition of providing services.
- We may use personal financial information to assess your eligibility for our services.
Whom we share personal information with
We may share your information with:
- West Country Doors London Ltd employees who require it to perform their jobs
- Companies that support our services to which we provide you
- Anyone you give us permission to share it with
- Official bodies, to detect and prevent criminal activity e.g. money laundering, theft, fraud, terrorism, cybercrime. e.g. HM Revenue & Customs, Company Accountant, Sage UK Ltd.
We will never sell your personal information and we take steps to keep your details safe and secure.
Where we keep and process your information
We might transfer and store the information we collect from you outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may be processed by staff or our suppliers outside the EEA. When we do this we aim to make sure the information is secure and properly protected.
Keeping your information safe
We commit to maintaining the deployment of appropriate security to protect personal information wherever it is located, and whether it is in electronic or manual form. To do this we may use a variety of mechanisms depending on where the information is stored and the relationship between West Country Doors London Ltd and any recipient organisations.
Where applicable you may have the following rights over your personal information:
Request a copy of the information we hold
You can access the personal information we hold about you. To do so please contact us by email at email@example.com. There is no charge for us providing this information to you. You can also ask for information that you have provided to us in a machine-readable format, so you can transfer it to another organization if you want to.
Ask us to not use your information
If for any reason you do not want us to hold or use your information please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . We may need to keep some of your information for legal and business reasons, for example to comply with a regulatory requirement.
Have your information corrected
If you think the personal information we hold is wrong contact us at email@example.com and we will check and correct it if necessary. We are committed to holding personal information that is accurate and current.
How long we keep your information
We endeavour to keep your information for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely. If you would like us to delete your information please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to complain
If you need to make a complaint about our handling of your personal information, please contact us directly email@example.com. If you are unhappy with how we deal with your complaint, you can contact your Country Data Protection Authority if applicable. The Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/
How else to contact us: